With current information technologies, a new breed of quality management software has been developed with the ability to integrate quality software applications with other business enterprise systems. Companies now can select the ERP systems and quality management applications that best meet their needs, integrating them into one enterprise management system. Integrating the quality management system with the ERP system can significantly impact profitability and create a complete enterprise quality management system. Such integration minimizes the time and efforts associated with data entry by transmitting information entered into one component throughout the enterprise system. With the help of integrated quality management system the application provides online access and automatic cross-referencing of data stored within each system component. And by linking this data into automated reporting systems, management can make decisions to improve the quality processes.
Evaluating the enterprise quality management system that works for you
It is very much important to wisely evaluate the enterprise quality management system before implementing to make sure it best suits your existing and future needs. An improper match may lead to decrease in operation’s efficiency and profitability. The quality management system must not only provide the basic functionality of quality control but also should complement your existing business enterprise systems.
Below are the key points which needs to be taken care off while evaluating any enterprise quality management system:
- The application must provide a high degree of flexibility and scalability
- The application must be capable enough to effectively handle the present and projected future needs
- The application must be user-friendly enough to find wide user acceptance
- The application must integrate with existing business management
- The application must be implemented quickly and with minimum efforts
- The application must be in line with current technology
- The application must support advanced security, multiple database engines, client/server functionality
- Any customization if required to meet functional requirements needs to be identified and addressed
- The application must be regularly upgraded with latest quality functions
Quality Systems Expectation:
Customer expectations of quality continue to increase and they are demanding more dynamic platform where the quality processes can be modified according to the business and global regulatory needs. Also it must integrate seamlessly with their existing enterprise management system. The only way that companies will survive and prosper in such an atmosphere of customer-driven demand for quality is to invest in the technologies necessary to produce the quality products. Manufacturing companies must utilize software systems that not only meet quality control objectives but also manage quality data in a manner to improve the Quality processes. Those companies that integrate their quality management system with the existing enterprise management systems will lead the pack both in product quality and in connecting the information needed to continuously improve quality processes